Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reminiscing - Camden, Maine- Holy "Belted" Cow

Seven years ago tonight, Amy and I had the pleasure of joining my parents in Maine, for a long weekend.  In retrospect, it was a spectacularly timed trip for a number of reasons.  My father and I shared a love for ice cream, so he was so excited to take me to his favorite parlor, the Camden Cone, for a "collassal" ice cream cone (not a bowl) sundae- made up with our favorite flavors. 


We have a ranch and have always admired the look of "Belted" Cows.  Dad found this delicious ice cream dessert in Maine that looks like and is named after "the" cow but tastes as good as any Sundae ever put in our mouths.. makes me hungry just thinking about it...  Bands of Hot Fudge somehow nestled between Vanilla Ice Cream scoops with whipped cream and an Oreo on top.
Namesake for Special Ice Cream Cone  "The Belted Cow"


Thanks Dad  : ) 

No comments: