Friday, January 28, 2011

Dallas: Jerry's Donuts- What a find, just in time for the Super Bowl




The DFW Metroplex is known for it's donut (or doughnut) shops. Those that know have told me that in this region there are more donut shops per person than anywhere else on the planet.  Almost every major strip center has a shop, with many intersections having 2 or 3.  That must mean we know more about the fried pastry than almost anyone - choices abound and I have tried most.  I have my normal pattern of hitting my favorite 2 or 3 on a fairly regular basis: Krispy Kreme, Shipley's and most recently Hypnotic to name 3.  Add chocolate to a hot donut and you have the perfect breakfast.
 
For those living in Farmer's Branch, TX, this may not come as a shock or surprise, but for me, a North Dallasite, I feel like my whole donut world has been rocked. Today I found Jerry's.

Jerry's "chocolate 'filled' donuts" to be exact.  As you can see, Jerry has conveniently filled the hole with his absolutely delicious chocolate icing.  It is a different experience than a traditional chocolate iced donut.  Jerry starts with an original glazed donut (a must for a great chocolate iced) and then adds the chocolate in the middle. Jerry's chocolate is terrific!  My hats off to Jerry for this great concoction.

If you are in town for the Super Bowl, drop by and experience the other Jerry's world .  Don't be confused by the outside, you won't find a taste like this at many other places in the country.


No comments: