Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Conroe: Chocolate Passion


I love finding chocolate places that are a little off the beaten path.  I also love finding fellow chocolate lovers that are willing to put it out there for people to eat, knowing it may never be seen by the vast majority of people that pass by.

Chocolate Passion in Conroe, Texas is not on the busy I-45 Freeway.  It isn't in a strip center with other shops and restaurants. It is all alone on a fairly small road that you have to want to find and I am really
glad that I did.

I didn't have time to eat at the restaurant but I did get to sample the fantastic Venezuelan chocolates that Zulay Quinn perfects in the kitchen in the back. 

The Mint Truffle is a dark chocolate ganache with a really nice hint of real mint, not peppermint. 

The Amaretto Truffle had just the right amount of the liqueur.  Very good!

One can never go wrong with the Milk Chocolate soft Caramel. Very smooth!

The Dark Chocolate Cocoa Dusted Truffle was Rich!!

If you are ever passing through Conroe and need a fix, this is definately worth the stop.

Leyda and Zulay were terrific hosts, can't wait to go back for lunch at the restaurant. I overheard some patrons saying the sandwiches are amongst the best in town.

No comments: