Thursday, December 09, 2010

Houston: Keggs Candies- A Houston Institution

Keggs has it all. Since 1946, this Houston institution has been pumping out everything from their original "Pecan Crisp" and chocolate confections to fudge and most recently custard.

I ate a small football ( I really did) while I visited this trip and consumed half a slab of Chocolate Fudge on my drive around the city. Although the original store in the Village is gone, my childhood memories of that store come flooding back as I walk the new state of the art factory store on Westpark.

I loved slowly walking the 90 foot long glass wall and seeing the line where they still hand make most of these terrific goodies.

The truffles are quite large and very tasty.

The Pecan Hash combines my favorite ingredients and was so fresh.

I would be remiss to not mention great Chocolate Caramel treats, too

I'm not sure how many full service chocolate factory tours there are in Houston, but this one is a great place to start.

After all of these years, Keggs is still going strong and is still among the best.





No comments: