Monday, December 13, 2010

Houston: The Chocolate Bar- Village People



It has been several years since I last visited The Chocolate Bar.  This trip, I stopped in their location in the Village (near Rice University).




I really like this concept. I think it is the most complete chocolate shop I have ever visited. It has everything one could ask for to resolve a chocolate fix.  They make their own stuff: cakes, confections, novelties, dipped and drizzled popcorn, fruits and cookies, made to order chocolate bars and pizza, ice cream & more and everything is terrific!


I particularly liked designing my own chocolate bar complete with my personal favorite choices.  This time I chose a small milk chocolate bar with M&Ms, Marshmallows and chocolate rocks "mix ins"... delicious. It took less than 30 minutes, with a line. Next time, I want to try the pizza.


 I sampled the chocolate ice cream and was quite impressed.  The line was long to sit for dessert so I just admired the cakes on display. They looked amazing.



I picked up some novelties to take home to the kids: a chocolate tennis racket set for Jeffrey, hair dryer, mirror & other chocolate bathroom items for Samantha and 2 chocolate guitars for Max- Big hits when I gave them out.

I also took a goody bag for the drive home and loved every bit of the chocolate covered Oreos, pretzels and flakes (couldn't tell if they started off as corn or frosted).






All in all, a fun visit. I will definitely be back for more on my next visit to Houston.





No comments: