Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Phily: Lore's Chocolates- Look closely....


Lore’s Chocolates-  Set in an old brownstone type building on 7th Street, you feel like you are walking back in time as you enter the shop.  Lore’s offers about 120 different chocolates in the store everday.   Really every type of chocolate you could ever want or think of wanting.
I didn't have time for a tour of the factory, but in doing my research, I saw this "everyman" front door to what is actually a very sophisticated manufacturing plant that the founding family has been improving for almost 50 years.
I bought a sample of my favorite classics in a combination of milk and dark chocolates- with innards of pretzel, marshmallow, peppermint, caramel, and molasses.  You choose what you want from the myriad of options around the shop and some very nice women put it together in a box for you... then off you go!  In my case,  to the train station.

No comments: